Sheet # 124 Critical Thinking
Name: _____________________ Date_____________
Use drawings, words, or numbers to explain how you got your answer.
The picture shows a target for a beanbag tossing game. The numbers in the rings show the value of the points you would
get if you hit those parts of the target. The numbers follow a regular pattern.
1. Complete the pattern to give a value to the blank ring. The number that belongs in the blank ring is ___________. Why did you choose this number?
2. Show two or more ways a player could get a score of 56 using 4 beanbags. All 4 beanbags must hit the target. No beanbag hits on a line. (Note: Do not simply change the order of the numbers.)
3. What is the highest possible score using 4 beanbags? Show your work.
4. What is the lowest possible score using 4 beanbags? They all must hit the target. Show your work.
Answer for sheet # 124
1) 24. Just add 8.
2) 32 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 56 points
16 + 24 + 8 + 8 = 56 points
3) Maximum score = 32 + 32 + 32 + 32 = 128 points
4) Lowest score = 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 32 points