Sheet # 5/The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Name: _____________________ Date_____________
Show your work.
1. The 3 billy goats want to go over the bridge. Their hooves go,"Trip trap, trip trap." When they get to the other side, their hooves go,"Tripity trip trap, tripity trip trap, tripity ___________ _____________." What will go in the blanks?
2. The troll lives under the bridge. He is brown and black. He has lots of toes. He has 14 toenails on one foot and the same number on the other foot. How many toenails does he have?
3. The smallest billy goat eats one pound of grass for breakfast, two pounds of grass for lunch, and three pounds of grass for supper. How many pounds does he eat in one day?
4. The billy goats like to go over the bridge at 8:00 a.m. They come back home ten hours later. What time do they come home?
5. During the winter, the billy goats stay in the barn and eat hay. Hay costs $0.50 for each bale. They all share one bale each day. How much does it cost each week for hay?
6. Apples are a real treat for the billy goats. Apples cost $0.15 each. Baby Billy Goat has one quarter, one dime, three nickels, and ten pennies. How many apples can he buy?
7. When he is not eating the sweet green grass, the middle billy goat likes to count clover leaves. Help him finish counting:
3, 6, 9, ____, 15, ____, ____, 24, 27, _____
8. The troll went to visit his mother in Ohio. There are seven troll children in his family. He is the middle child. How many are older than he?_________ . How many are younger?________________
Answers for sheet # 5 The Three Billy Goats Gruff
1) trip trap
2) 14 + 14 = 28 toenails
3) 6 pounds
4) 6 p.m.
5) 7 bales x $0.50 = $3.50
6) Billy has 60 cents in all. She can buy 4 apples
7) 12, 18, 21, 30. Just add 3
8) 3 and 3